Okay so my mom is overweight. She probably needs to lose around 70 pounds to be in the healthy weight range for her height. I know she wants to lose it but she honestly has no motivation. I’ll see her look at herself in pictures and she’s so ashamed of her body and I just feel completely heartbroken.
SO, I need your help! What are some ways that I can help her realize that she CAN lose weight? How can I make it fun for her to be healthy with me? I need to give her an incentive. She has definitely been “trying” more than normal. And I put trying in quotations because it’s obviously doing nothing. She goes to the gym twice a week, which is more than she’s ever gone. EVER. Which is great, but she doesn’t watch what she eats at all! Someone please give me some advice!
Posted on Friday, 17 August
- n0-judgement answered:get a jar. each time she says no to dessert put a$1 in the jar, for every pound lost put in $3 & at the end of her goal,she can treat herself
- loseithealthy likes this
- loseithealthy answered:OMG, I have the same problem!!
- krissykiki answered:try coming up with new meals that are appealing to her and healthier then her usual fair. Go grocery shopping together and make meals togethe
- atffitnessjournal answered:perhaps just go grocery shopping with her & pick out healthy food, talk about how much you’re into healthy eating, and cook together?
- dulcettonesoflove answered:Offer to make meals for her? - at your own peril obviously, but it might help. Or offer to plan out a ‘menu’ with her?
- 2b-caliskinny answered:How about you both workout together? You can help her make healthy meals and encourage her to use apps like LoseIt that log her food intake.
- oh-tobeyoungskinnyandinlove answered:My mom has starting eating healthier since I started talking about it so much. Try that! Play follow the leader :)
- rockthatfitbod posted this